Organizations often start lean and mean. As they grow they find ways to become more efficient. People move their desks to be near others doing similar work, communication becomes more complicated, silos are created and project delivery slows way down. What happened?
Like a snowflake, each organization is unique. Each company has a different history, a different culture, and a different path from to here. Like a snowflake is still snow, software delivery in every company and industry is still software delivery. As insanely complex as software and organizations can be, we find there are common patterns that can be applied to achieve better results.
We believe when senior leadership, front line management, and delivery teams are aligned we get the best results, so we start there. Because your organization is highly complex and subject to change, we employ a change-responsive change management framework. With this approach we've found great success in making product/service delivery easier and organizations better places to work.
Problems We Help You Solve
- Inconsistent or slow delivery
- Frequently changing priorities
- Missed release dates
- Poor alignment between delivery organization and business partners
- Budget overruns
- Poor visibility of progress
- Quality issues
- Scope creep
- Delivering solutions that don't fit need
- Low team morale
- Low customer satisfaction
Common Challenges to Agile Transformations
- No clear or consistent definition of what ‘agile’ means
- ‘Agile’ is seen as just a product development problem
- Goals and reasons for the adoption are unclear or poorly communicated
- Lack of skills and experience with agile practices across the enterprise
- Fixed-scope, date, budget projects created by legal and finance departments and are rarely delivered on time or within budget
- Lack of tools to forecast completion dates
- Long regression test cycles that slow time-to-delivery
- People work on too many projects at once, leading to low productivity
- Difficulty coordinating teams in numerous locations on one project
How We Engage with You
Strategic Agile Advising
We operate in a value-driven advisory relationship with our clients aimed at improving process efficiency and business agility. We focus holistically and include all aspects of people, process, and technology. We partner with our clients to transform their organizations and support strategic decision making to build agile organizations.
- Executive training, coaching, and advising
- Management training, coaching, and advising
- Building funding models to support small batch delivery
- Change management for transformations
- Training agile coaches and building internal agile coaching competency
Tactical Agile Consulting
We provide support by executing specific change initiatives when an organization has an existing strategy for agile transformation. These are typically time bound initiatives with fixed deliverables. This often changes into a strategic advisory engagement.
- Agile Audits - We ensure your existing agile practices are being used to effectively mitigate risk
- Agile Assessments - We examine your maturity and preparedness of adopting agile delivery
- Professional Agile Training - We deliver high-quality, in-person training to build the knowledge necessary for your organization to be more successful becoming agile
We provide talented professionals short and long term and can fill in your talent gaps. Our people are skilled agile coaches, Scrum Masters, product owners, and managers.
- We embed our professionals with your teams
- Our professionals teach your team while they are delivering