psm course overview
The Professional Scrum Master course (PSM) is a 2-day Scrum Master training for those wanting to learn the principles and theory of Scrum and how to practically apply Scrum in real-world scenarios. You'll also learn the knowledge and tools to apply Scrum effectively in your organization. This course will prepare you to confidently gain an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification, the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) from Scrum.org. We also offer an Advanced Scrum Master PSM II course.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in Agile software delivery using Scrum. This training is especially helpful for anyone working in an organization that is focused on applying Scrum more effectively. This is the ideal course for anyone looking to prepare for Scrum Master certification assessments from Scrum.org and obtain Agile certification.
- New Scrum Masters looking to solidify their understanding of Scrum and gain credibility
- Experienced Scrum Masters who want to gain deeper insights into Scrum and gain hands-on experience with applying it in real-world scenarios
- Project managers that have used Scrum by doing it but want to learn how to apply it more effectively
- Project managers that are looking to gain a competitive advantage by learning deep insights about Scrum
- Managers who are responsible for implementing Scrum or managing Scrum teams
- Developers who want to learn how to apply Scrum effectively in their context
- Obtain a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Learn how to act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Discover how to use Scrum effectively from the start
- Learn ways to increase the effectiveness of an existing Scrum implementation
What You'll Learn
- The history of Scrum
- The theory and principles of Scrum
- Why done in Scrum is such an important concept and how to apply it with a Definition of Done
- How to run a Scrum project
- How to effectively work with people and teams in a Scrum environment
- How to apply Scrum in your organization
- What the Scrum Master is and how to apply the role
- Useful practices that are commonly used with Scrum
- How to be a Professional Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master Certification (PSM)
Professional Scrum Masters have shown that they understand Scrum and can apply it to real-world situations. Attending the Professional Scrum Master course from Responsive Advisors is a great way to prepare for becoming a Professional Scrum Master. Every attendee of our Professional Scrum Master course receives a free attempt at the Professional Scrum Master I certification (PSM I) from Scrum.org. With a passing score of 85% or above, attendees will become Scrum.org PSM I certified.
Attendees will also receive a discount on the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Certification Retake Policy
Attendees that take the PSM I certification exam within two weeks of attending Professional Scrum Master training and do not pass will receive one free additional attempt at passing the PSM I certification exam. Learn more about the exam retake policy.
Getting to Our New York Training Center
Responsive Advisors’ East Coast training center is located on the corner of 41st street and Broadway. In Midtown Manhattan, directly between Bryant Park and Times Square, we are set in the heart of New York City and walking distance from the hustle and bustle of NYC’s nightlife. Our training location is stocked with beverages including soft-drinks for purchase and free coffee or fruit infused water to ensure you stay hydrated during training. Lunch is provided from local restaurants each day of training.
Our office is within walking distance to some of the city’s busiest subway lines—1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, R, B, D, F, M, and 7 trains—as well as the shuttle to Grand Central. To get to our office from LaGuardia Airport, simply ride the MTA - Q70 LaGuardia Link Bus to the Roosevelt Ave - Jackson Heights Subway Station. From there you can ride the Line 7 Subway 13 stops into the city where you’ll get off at Times Sq and 42 St Station. Once you are off the Subway, head southeast on W 41st St toward Broadway until you reach our office.
We do not provide on-site parking, although there are a handful of parking garages within a short walk of our training center, including the Times Square Garage. Our experience has been that the Subway is one of the easiest ways to get to our office.
New York City is home to the Yankees, Metropolitan Museum of Art, 9/11 Museum, Empire State Building, the birthplace of Broadway and so much more. For both locals and tourists alike, New York serves as an eclectic and exciting environment for Professional Scrum training. Our New York City Scrum Master Certification courses provide a pragmatic mix of theory and practical skills to ensure our students are prepared to practice Scrum in the real world and demonstrate their knowledge by becoming Professional Scrum certified.
Staying in New York
Things to Do
New York City offers an eccentric experience in terms of food and culture. There are plenty of Big City experiences for those looking to explore after Scrum Master Certification training.
Our trainers are Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers, ensuring you'll receive the most up-to-date and accurate picture of what Scrum is and how it can be applied.
Responsive Advisors is a proud member of Scrum.org's Professional Training Network (PTN).