LA Scrum Master Certification Training
psm course overview
The Professional Scrum Master course (PSM) is a 2-day Scrum Master training for those wanting to learn the principles and theory of Scrum and how to practically apply Scrum in real-world scenarios. You'll also learn the knowledge and tools to apply Scrum effectively in your organization. This course will prepare you to confidently gain an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification, the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) from Scrum.org. We also offer an Advanced Scrum Master PSM II course.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in Agile software delivery using Scrum. This training is especially helpful for anyone working in an organization that is focused on applying Scrum more effectively. This is the ideal course for anyone looking to prepare for Scrum Master certification assessments from Scrum.org and obtain Agile certification.
- New Scrum Masters looking to solidify their understanding of Scrum and gain credibility
- Experienced Scrum Masters who want to gain deeper insights into Scrum and gain hands-on experience with applying it in real-world scenarios
- Project managers that have used Scrum by doing it but want to learn how to apply it more effectively
- Project managers that are looking to gain a competitive advantage by learning deep insights about Scrum
- Managers who are responsible for implementing Scrum or managing Scrum teams
- Developers who want to learn how to apply Scrum effectively in their context
- Obtain a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Learn how to act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Discover how to use Scrum effectively from the start
- Learn ways to increase the effectiveness of an existing Scrum implementation
What You'll Learn
- The history of Scrum
- The theory and principles of Scrum
- Why done in Scrum is such an important concept and how to apply it with a Definition of Done
- How to run a Scrum project
- How to effectively work with people and teams in a Scrum environment
- How to apply Scrum in your organization
- What the Scrum Master is and how to apply the role
- Useful practices that are commonly used with Scrum
- How to be a Professional Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master Certification (PSM)
Professional Scrum Masters have shown that they understand Scrum and can apply it to real-world situations. Attending the Professional Scrum Master course from Responsive Advisors is a great way to prepare for becoming a Professional Scrum Master. Every attendee of our Professional Scrum Master course receives a free attempt at the Professional Scrum Master I certification (PSM I) from Scrum.org. With a passing score of 85% or above, attendees will become Scrum.org PSM I certified.
Attendees will also receive a discount on the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Certification Retake Policy
Attendees that take the PSM I certification exam within two weeks of attending Professional Scrum Master training and do not pass will receive one free additional attempt at passing the PSM I certification exam. Learn more about the exam retake policy.
Getting to Our LA TRAINING CENTERs
Responsive Advisors offers training courses in Los Angeles and Culver City. Both of our locations are stocked with beverages including soft-drinks for purchase and free coffee or fruit infused water to ensure you stay hydrated during training. Lunch is provided from local restaurants each day of training.
Our Los Angeles training center is located in Corbett Street between Jefferson Blvd and La Cienega Blvd sandwiched between Baby2Baby and Praedicat Inc.
Our Culver City training center is located in the Sony Pictures Plaza on Madison Ave located between Culver Blvd and Washington Blvd.
Culver City: To get to our Culver City location from LAX, head west on Century Blvd toward Vicksburg Ave and make a right onto Sepulveda. Take the I-405 North to the Culver Blvd (Exit 51), and turn right off the exit. Make a left onto Madison Ave, and Sony Pictures Plaza will be on the right.
Los Angeles: To get to our Los Angeles Location from LAX, follow signs for Century Blvd and head west. Take the I-405 N ramp to Sacramento and follow signs for Manchester Blvd/La Cienega Blvd/42. Keep left and continue to follow signs for La Cienega Blvd. Turn left onto Corbett Street, and our location will be on the right.
Culver City: The Sony Pictures Plaza offers underground parking to visitors. The entrance to the parking garage is on Madison Ave.
Los Angeles: Parking is available in the Jefferson lot behind the training center.
Los Angeles is home to the Dodgers, Griffith Observatory, Staples Center Arena, the famous Hollywood Sign, and so much more. Regardless of if you’re a resident, or dropping in to enjoy the many tourist sites, this city provides a vibrant urban setting for Professional Scrum training. Our Los Angeles based Scrum Master Certification courses provide a pragmatic mix of theory and practical skills to ensure our students are prepared to practice Scrum in the real world and demonstrate their knowledge by becoming Professional Scrum certified.
Staying in Los Angeles
There are plenty of fantastic hotels within walking distance of our office. Below are a few nearby options we recommend for business travel.
Things to Do
Culver City: Culver city is the home to Sony Pictures, eclectic cocktail bars, and many cultural galleries. Our training center is within walking distance from the Sony Pictures Studio, Culver City Park, many local coffee shops, and shopping locations.
Los Angeles: Los Angeles, known for it’s strong history in film, also has many beautiful scenes to enjoy such as the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook and Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area. In addition, The Star Eco Station is just a quick five-minute drive from our Los Angeles training center.
Our trainers are Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers, ensuring you'll receive the most up-to-date and accurate picture of what Scrum is and how it can be applied.
Responsive Advisors is a proud member of Scrum.org's Professional Training Network (PTN).