Professional Scrum Master Training and Certification
The Professional Scrum Master course (PSM) is a 2-day advanced Scrum training for those wanting to learn the principles and theory of Scrum and how to practically apply Scrum in real-world scenarios. We give you the knowledge and tools necessary to apply Scrum effectively in your organization and gain an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification, the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) from Scrum.org.
Training for Your Team
We offer private classes for organizations who have one or more teams that will attend training. Private classes can be held at your location and allow us to cater to the needs of your organization.
Training for You
Who Should Attend Professional Scrum Master Training?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in Agile software delivery using Scrum, and it is especially useful for anyone in an organization that is responsible for effectively applying Scrum. This course is also ideal for anyone looking to prepare for Scrum Master certification assessments from Scrum.org and obtain Agile certification.
Read more about common reasons people attend Scrum Master training.
- New Scrum Masters looking to solidify their understanding of Scrum and gain credibility
- Experienced Scrum Masters who want to gain deeper insights into Scrum and gain hands-on experience with applying it in real-world scenarios
- Project managers that have used Scrum by doing it but want to learn how to apply it more effectively
- Project managers that are looking to gain a competitive advantage by learning deep insights about Scrum
- Managers who are responsible for implementing Scrum or managing Scrum teams
- Developers who want to learn how to apply Scrum effectively in their context
Why Attend Agile Training with Responsive Advisors?
Our instructors have broad backgrounds in technology and deep experience with applying Agile practices and Scrum as developers, Scrum Masters, and Agile consultants. They draw on that experience in the classroom to ensure students not only understand Agile principles and Scrum but also how to pragmatically apply them.
We teach Professional Scrum
Whether you want to gain new skills as a Scrum Master, learn how you can support Scrum as a manager, transition to being a Scrum Master, or just want to learn more about how Scrum works, our Professional Scrum Master course is for you.
We help you become certified as a Scrum Master by providing a free attempt at an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification - the PSM I from Scrum.org, the home of Scrum. Plus if you take the certification assessment within 14 days of attending one of our courses and do not pass, you will get a free second attempt.
We explore the whys
Attendees frequently tell us Scrum "makes sense now" after they have been in one of our courses. We explain the whys behind Scrum so you'll be better equipped to practice it.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Learn how to act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Discover how to use Scrum effectively from the start
- Learn ways to increase the effectiveness of an existing Scrum implementation
What You'll Learn
- The history of Scrum
- The theory and principles of Scrum
- Why done in Scrum is such an important concept and how to apply it with a Definition of Done
- How to run a Scrum project
- How to effectively work with people and teams in a Scrum environment
- How to apply Scrum in your organization
- What the Scrum Master is and how to apply the role
- Useful practices that are commonly used with Scrum
- How to be a Professional Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master Certification (PSM)
Professional Scrum Masters have shown that they understand Scrum and can apply it to real-world situations. Attending the Professional Scrum Master course from Responsive Advisors is a great way to prepare for becoming a Professional Scrum Master. Every attendee of our Professional Scrum Master course receives a free attempt at the Professional Scrum Master I certification (PSM I) from Scrum.org. With a passing score of 85% or above, attendees will become Scrum.org PSM I certified.
Attendees will also receive a discount on the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Certification Retake Policy
Attendees that take the PSM I certification exam within two weeks of attending Professional Scrum Master training and do not pass will receive one free additional attempt at passing the PSM I certification exam. Learn more about the exam retake policy.
Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU Credit
Attendees of our Professional Scrum Master class are able to claim 14 PDUs with the Project Management Institute (PMI). These credits are earned from attending the course and not for passing the PSM I certification exam.
Our trainers are Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers, ensuring you'll receive the most up-to-date and accurate picture of what Scrum is and how it can be applied to enable business agility.
Responsive Advisors is a proud member of Scrum.org's Professional Training Network (PTN).