Professional Scrum Foundations Training and Certification
The Professional Scrum Foundations course (PSF) is 2 days of immersive Scrum training for those who will use Scrum to develop products. By applying Scrum in the class, students receive hands-on experience building a product with the Scrum framework, and they leave prepared to apply Scrum in their real-world teams. Students also receive a free attempt at an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification, the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I), from Scrum.org.
Schedule a Class
We offer Professional Scrum Foundations training to organizations who have one or more teams that will attend training. Private training allows us to cater to the needs of your organization and can be held at your location or at an offsite facility.
Who Should Attend Professional Scrum Foundations Training?
The Professional Scrum Foundations course is for anyone involved in Agile software delivery using Scrum, including team members, managers, project managers, and active stakeholders.
- Product developers (programmers, testers, analysts, architects) who want to learn how to use Scrum to develop products more effectively
- New Scrum Masters looking to learn the basics of Scrum and how to apply Scrum effectively
- Project managers who are new to Scrum
- Managers of a product delivery organization or managers of Scrum team members who want to learn about Scrum so they can ensure Scrum is adopted successfully
- Active stakeholders of Scrum teams that want to learn how to participate in Scrum
Why Attend Agile Training with Responsive Advisors?
Our instructors have broad backgrounds in technology and deep experience with applying Agile practices and Scrum as developers, Scrum Masters, and Agile consultants. They draw on that experience in the classroom to ensure students not only understand Agile principles and Scrum but also how to pragmatically apply them.
We teach Professional Scrum
We teach Scrum with a focus on how to apply it effectively in your context to get the best results. We don't want students to just pass an exam - we want to equip them to practice Professional Scrum.
We help you become certified as a Scrum Professional by providing a free attempt at an industry-recognized Scrum Master certification - the PSM I from Scrum.org, the home of Scrum. Plus if you take the certification assessment within 14 days of attending one of our courses and do not pass, you will get a free second attempt.
We explore the whys
Attendees frequently tell us Scrum "makes sense now" after they have been in one of our courses. We explain the whys behind Scrum so you'll be better equipped to practice it.
- Understand the foundations of Scrum and the whys behind them
- Gain experience being a member of a Scrum team
- Learn how to effectively deliver valuable products using Scrum
- Learn about common dysfunctions of Scrum and how to avoid them
What You'll Learn
- The fundamentals of Scrum
- The Scrum framework
- How to apply the Scrum framework through a series of Sprints
- How to apply Scrum effectively in your team
- How to plan with Scrum
- How to get started with Scrum in your organization and team
- How to keep Scrum healthy
Professional Scrum Certification
Every attendee of our Professional Scrum Foundations course receives a free attempt at the Professional Scrum Master I certification (PSM I) from Scrum.org. With a passing score of 85% or above, attendees will become Scrum.org PSM I certified.
Certification Retake Policy
Attendees that take the PSM I certification exam within two weeks of attending training and do not pass will receive one free additional attempt at passing the PSM I certification exam. Learn more about the exam retake policy.
Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU Credit
Attendees of our Professional Scrum Master class are able to claim 14 PDUs with the Project Management Institute (PMI). These credits are earned from attending the course and not for passing the PSM I certification exam.
Our trainers are Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers, ensuring you'll receive the most up-to-date and accurate picture of what Scrum is and how it can be applied to enable business agility.
Responsive Advisors is a proud member of Scrum.org's Professional Training Network (PTN).